COMPANY PROFILE: Oakley School
- The Oakley School experience is based on four main cornerstones that provide a balanced approach to life.
- These four cornerstones include a focus on academics, student life, therapy, and experiential education.
- The Oakley School experience is for college-bound teens ages 14 to 19 that have had problems with emotional, behavioral, and addictive challenges.
- The Oakley School is equipped to support students academically and therapeutically.
- Oakley’s approach to support students includes a collaborative effort among admissions, academic, and clinical teams to work together.
WHAT OAKLEY SCHOOL OFFERS YOU: Clinical Therapist
- Opportunity to foster relationships with at risk youth in a setting that offers a small case-load.
- Established industry leading program and training in place and the ability to make a long term impact on individual students and their families.
- Opportunities for growth and advancement at Oakley or within a family of treatment programs located in Utah, Montana, North Carolina, and Texas.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: Clinical Therapist
- This position will include individual, family, and group therapy.
- Possess an affinity for relational, experiential and systemic modalities.
- Possess skills in discernment, therapeutic theory, intervention and teaching techniques.
- Planning, implementing, and adjusting a course of treatment as required.
- Capable of holding appropriate boundaries with students and their parents, have the ability to assess and interpret student behavior, and the ability to make critical decisions based on input from multiple sources.
COMMUNITY: Oakley, Utah
- Oakley is a city in Summit County, Utah, United States. It is part of the Salt Lake City, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1470 at the 2010 census.
- The city is located 45 miles east of Salt Lake City on SR-32, in the Kamas Valley. With an elevation of 6,500 feet, it is a gateway to the Uinta Mountains. Scenic route Weber Canyon Road follows the Weber River to its headwaters; it also follows the Smith and Morehouse Creek to its reservoir in its own scenic canyon 15 miles from Oakley.
- Oakley is most famous for its annual rodeo, held each year on the Fourth of July weekend. This rodeo, sanctioned by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association, celebrated its 75th anniversary in 2005 with the opening of a $3 million, 6,000-seat arena. A large town park surrounds the rodeo grounds, hosting softball, baseball and soccer tournaments throughout the summer, with Ute League football in the fall and recreational soccer in the spring.
BACKGROUND PROFILE: Clinical Therapist
- The ideal candidate will possess a degree in one of the following disciplines Master of Social Work (MSW), Master of Clinical Social Work (CSW), Master of Science Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) or a related discipline.
- Licensed in the Utah State of Utah – Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT.)
- Two years of working experience as a licensed therapist.
- One year working in a residential setting.
- Ability to pass a Utah State background check.
- Able to work with a combined team of clinical and residential staff.
- Good verbal, written communication and professional documentation charting skills.
- Experience in treating youth and to create positive relationships.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email: Lterry@oakley-school.com