Employment Type Full-Time
Work Schedule Monday – Friday, 8-5 with one possible late night
City STANSBURY PARK
Department UNI EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR-
As a patient-focused organization, the University of Utah Health Care exists to enhance the health and well-being of people through patient care, research and education. Success in this mission requires a culture of collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. University of Utah Health Care seeks staff that are committed to the values of compassion, collaboration, innovation, responsibility, diversity, integrity, quality and trust that are integral to our mission. EO/AA
This position provides professional counseling services of a preventative and developmental nature through direct consultation with patients. Therapy activities include individual, group and couples counseling. The incumbent develops program criteria for area of specialization such as couples or addictive behavior counseling. This position may be responsible for supervising the work of Social Workers, Interns or other caseworkers.
The University of Utah Neuropsychiatric Institute in partnership with the University of Utah Community Clinics is seeking a qualified Licensed Clinical Social Worker to join the University of Utah Community Clinics Behavioral Health Integration Program at the Stansbury Health Center in Stansbury Park, UT. This position will be an integral part of an interdisciplinary team of medical professionals collaborating and delivering exceptional patient centered care through an Integrative Medicine model. The LCSW will be embedded in a busy primary care ambulatory clinic and will provide comprehensive, holistic, and professional counseling service using a wide range of approaches. Responsibilities may include assessment, triage, crisis management, consultations, psychotherapy, group therapy, connecting patients with available community resources and supervising social work students. LCSW must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills, open to give and receive feedback, spontaneously develop clinical programing as needed, and embrace the idea that people do not exist apart from their disorder.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment approach to meet the needs of each patient and their families.
- Works in close collaboration with all members of the treatment team including medical doctors, to further their understanding of significant social and emotional factors contributing to the patient’s well being.
- Identifies appropriate outside resources, such as community agencies, to assist patients with resuming life in their own community and how to live with the patient’s limitations.
- Assists in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Oversees and supervises Social Worker Interns.
- May perform Case Management duties.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Ability to communicate verbally as well as in writing.
- Ability to work independently and provide individual, group and couples counseling.
- Ability to oversee the activities of Social Workers, Interns and other caseworkers in their area.
- Ability to assess data regarding the patient’s status and provide care as described in the department’s policies and procedures manual.
- Ability to assist patients and their families with post-treatment adjustments including but not limited to working closely with local, state and federal agencies to ensure the patient receives the appropriate assistance.
- Two years directly related experience.
- Experience with conflict resolution when counseling individuals, couples and groups.
- Current Utah Licensed Clinical Social Worker (L.C.S.W.) certificate for clinical practice.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider card through American Heart Association or obtain within one month of hire.
* Additional license requirements as determined by the hiring department.
- Interest in developing integrated behavioral health and primary care
- Experience working with community resources, instructing and supervising Social Workers, Interns and other caseworkers.
- Basic Life Support Health Care Provider Card through American Heart Association or obtain within one month of hire.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without an accommodation.
- This position involves intermediate work that may exert up to 50 pounds and may consistently require lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects while providing patient care to those requiring psychiatric care.
Listening, Sitting, Speaking, Standing