YWCA of Utah Announcement
Mission: To empower women, eliminate racism and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Job Title: Family Justice Center Clinician (Spanish Speaker)
Empower women and work toward racial justice in your local community. This is a unique opportunity for a confident, self-motivated clinician (LCSW, LPC, MFT) to collaborate in the development of an exciting and innovative domestic violence program in one of Utah’s top-rated non-profits. Strengthen victims and their families using a holistic approach. Conduct assessments and provides clinical services for FJC clients. Assist in developing and implementing a short-term clinical intervention for victims of domestic violence. Exceptional opportunities for professional growth, leadership development, and community impact as we expand our life-changing work and begin our second century of service in Utah.
- Perform intake assessments on clients who come to the FJC.
- Provide advocacy services to clients in order to plan, coordinate, cooperate or deliver incidental services necessary for the effective treatment of clients.
- Work collaboratively with FJC partner agencies to deliver services to clients.
- Provide crisis intervention and appropriate referrals as needed.
- Assist in developing and implementing a short-term clinical intervention for victims of domestic violence.
- Help problem solve issues that are present in service delivery at the FJC.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings with member agencies.
- Maintain case notes and other records as necessary.
- Collect and report data as needed.
- Collaboratively supervise/support volunteers providing services in the FJC.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Committed to eliminating racism and empowering women and girls. Ability to relate positively to victims of domestic violence and people of diverse ages, ethnicity, socio-economic levels, beliefs and lifestyles.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a mental health discipline and eligibility for Utah licensure as a mental health therapist within two years. MSW preferred.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Able to maintain an effective therapeutic alliance.
- Highly ethical. Committed to excellence, integrity and accountability. Uphold standards for professional and ethical practice including confidentiality safeguards, client records and reports.
- Talented in recognizing and solving problems.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Resourceful, clever and flexible. Able to effectively manage change and respond to crisis.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- If driving on agency business, a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance are required.
Reports to: Director of the Clinical Services
Hours: Part Time, 20-25 hours per week
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Roberto Martinez, LCSW, Rmartinez@ywca.com
YWCA, 322 East 300 South, Salt Lake City 84111
Fax: (801) 320-9855
Posted: September 14, 2015
Deadline: Open until filled
THE YWCA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER