FIRST STEP HOUSE
Do you love addicts and want to be part of something bigger than yourself? First Step House is hiring a full time Veteran’s Residential Program Manager to lead a team of clinicians at our new veteran’s residential treatment facility. We are looking for someone who is committed to working with a highly skilled team using up-to-date, evidence-based therapeutic modalities. The Veteran’s Residential Program Manager is responsible for providing the highest possible care to every veteran and staff member served. This role requires strong collaborative skills, as this person will work with various teams, including treatment teams and legal entities. The overall goals of this position are to (a) provide high-quality care for the veteran’s served in this program, (b) provide a high level of customer service for funders, clients, and other stake holders, and (c) perform management responsibilities to support the clinical and administrative teams. The essential responsibilities for this position include:
- Managing the clinical team and client services at our residential facility
- Working with the Veterans Administration liaison to provide the highest quality of client care
- Facilitating all relevant team meetings in concert with the Clinical Director
- Monitoring and managing clinical employee schedules, time-off requests, and the time-off calendar
- Meeting regularly with all employees and ensuring employees are performing essential job duties
- Assisting the Clinical Director and Clinical Operations Director in organizing the client services schedule
- Managing and reporting on the program budget
- Performing corrective actions with clinical staff as needed
- Tracking client outcomes and reporting outcomes to the Clinical Director and the management team
- Working in concert with clinical employees in coordinating and fulfilling on-call duties for after-hours client support
- Giving regular feedback to the clinical team and ensuring team members are performing essential job responsibilities
- Performing ongoing qualitative audits of groups, classes, individual sessions, and clinical documentation
- Ensuring that team members are following up with clients regarding attendance, drug-test results, and more
- Acting as a liaison between the clinical team and other departments
- Overseeing the coordination of reporting to external funders and agencies (e.g., court reporting)
- Overseeing and coordinating on-call responsibilities, ensuring access to after-hours emergency care
- Performing initial and ongoing treatment planning in collaboration with the client and the treatment team
- Completing timely funding requests and treatment updates based upon the treatment plan
- Using the American Society of Addiction Medicine’s Criteria (ASAM Criteria 3) in recommending client service levels and in formulating treatment plans
- Facilitating addiction-related psychotherapy groups and life-skills classes
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duty functions.
- Daily and exemplary attendance and punctuality is required for this position.
- Must have ability to work accurately and efficiently with high attention to detail.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills (i.e., listening, verbal, and written skills).
- Must have the ability to use word processing, database, and spreadsheet programs (e.g., MS Word and Excel).
Education and Experience:
- A Master’s degree and an active license in the State of Utah as a clinical mental health counselor, social worker, or marriage and family therapist is required.
- Experience working with a veteran population is preferred
- Experience in both substance abuse and mental health treatment field is preferred.
- Prior management experience is preferred
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing, Moral Reconation Therapy, and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy is preferred
The salary range is $48,000 – $55,000 annually.
This is a full time position with benefits that include:
- Group Health
- Life insurance reimbursement
- 401 k employer matching
- Generous PTO and holiday policy
- Bonus and Merit opportunities
Interested applicants please email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- 75 word essay on your interpretation of our mission statement
This position will close August 28th, 2015 at 4:00 pm.
For more information about our non-profit organization, you can visit our website at www.firststephouse.org