Treatment Support Sta– Part-Time (Sat: 8:30-16:30; Sun: 8:30-20:30)
Odyssey House of Utah – Youth State Custody Program
Salt lake City, UT |
Odyssey House of Utah is looking for the right person to join our family of dedicated staff who make our adolescent substance abuse programs the most statistically-successful programs of their kind in the State of Utah, as our sobriety success rates far exceed the national average.
Successful candidates who apply for this position will have the following qualities:
- Passion for Community Service and helping others to realize their own potential.
- Communication Skills beyond the norm to problem solve directly with clients and other staff.
- Reliability to fill their support staff shifts and deliver on position responsibilities.
- Self-Starter qualities to independently address issues and needs in our organization community.
- Teachable—Willingness to learn and grow in their position.
If you possess the above qualities, we would be interested to hear from you and invite you to continue reading about Odyssey House and the available position.
Odyssey House of Utah is dedicated to helping individuals and families reclaim their lives through effective substance abuse treatment, prevention, and mental health services.
- Become familiar with each client and oversee their daily activities.
- Learn processes, methodology, technologies, and consistently follow them.
- Distribution of medication to clients.
- Communicate with the Nursing Staff or Staff-On-Call as necessary.
- Produce accurate Incident Reports concerning accidents, medical situations, or facility safety risk hazards.
- Conduct urine analysis drug testing as necessary.
- Maintain both new and old treatment files.
- Office cleaning, when necessary.
- Follow the client schedule during shift.
- Follow client safety and facility procedures.
- Learn and adopt client de-escalation techniques and help clients vent their feelings appropriately.
- Document group therapy sessions and daily feedback logs for other staff.
- Role model pro-social behaviors and appearance for clients.
Must be at least 21 years of age, pass pre-employment drug screening, a BCI background check, and attend staff meetings.
Upon successful hire as our new support staff member, you will enter a highly-structured training program designed to give you everything you will need to be successful in your role.
The training period has two stages, starting with an intense, one-on-one shadowing period lasting three shifts. From there, your autonomy in your position will gradually increase, with regular performance reviews and support from your position trainer. Orientation Training ends after 30 days, whereupon your supervisor will provide monthly trainings to keep you up to speed on new practices or changes.
Culture of Family
The culture and work environment at Odyssey House, including both staff and clients, is very much like a family culture. Our goal is to work together as a community to uplift one another and provide each other with the best chances of success in all that we do.
We mention this because our culture of openness and cooperation is one of the biggest reasons why many of our staff members stay with us year after year. If working in a supportive, caring environment is something that you value, Odyssey House may be the right place for you.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation starts at $9.50 hr, with a tiered raise schedule after a successful 6 month “probation” period, and another raise during annual performance reviews to reflect your hard work and time with us. We also offer bonuses through our Cornerstone Awards Program—driven to meet annual agency goals together and give the chance for anyone to nominate a fellow coworker for  $500 or  $50 prizes.
Odyssey House is an equal opportunity employer for all persons without regard to sex, race, religion, color, national origin, age, physical, mental or educational disability, sexual orientation, and/or status as a veteran.
How to Apply
Email your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to meeting you and inviting you into our family.