The professional hired for this position will execute intensive, child-focused recruitment programs targeted exclusively on finding permanent adoptive families for waiting children in the Nevada foster care system.
Specific Job Responsibilities/Duties include:
- Managing a caseload of 7 youth in the Nevada foster care system and actively seeking legal permanency for these youth
- Implementing the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Child-Focused Recruitment Model
- Maintaining accurate records, case notes, written assessments, and data collection and submitting program reports as required by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption
- Visiting each youth on the caseload monthly, as well as attending case staffings, permanency team meetings, and other meetings as related to the youth’s permanency plans
- Building and sustaining strong working partnerships with the Washoe County Department of Social Services and private community-based child welfare organizations, locally and throughout the state
- Working collaborative with adoption caseworkers and recruiters to identify and facilitate potential matches for youth
- Providing pre- and post-adoption support for families who are matched with a youth on the caseload
- Attending educational opportunities provided by the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption including, but not limited to, the Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Summit (Columbus, OH)
- Traveling extensively throughout the state to build and maintain effective relationships with waiting youth and relevant Washoe County staff
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com. Please put Wendy’s Wonderful Kids Recruiter, Nevada in the subject line of your email.