The Director of Events and Volunteers is responsible for managing and supporting signature fundraising events for Colorado, Missouri, New Mexico and Nevada. This person is responsible for managing event expenses to budget projections and supporting/managing all event committees and volunteers in conjunction with specific state staff. Direct report: Special Events Coordinator.
Specific Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the management and implementation of fundraising events in the Colorado, Missouri, New Mexico and Nevada markets
- Supports the Senior VP Of Development and Marketing in the development of event plans and budgets designed to achieve growth over previous years; accountable for monthly tracking and reporting on revenue and expenses for such
- Oversee the management of sponsorship for special events. Responsible for solicitation of, record keeping, tracking, and follow-up
- Coordinate and manage all marketing and public awareness efforts for special events in each market
- Oversee the management of auctions for special events. Responsible for solicitation of items, record keeping, data entry, item tracking, bid sheets, displays, and auction close-out
- Supervises CO Special Events Coordinator
- Work collaboratively with Special Events Coordinator and Development and Communications Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate recording of event contributions and acknowledgements
- Work collaboratively with local committees and AE staff to recruit and train volunteers for special events
- Supports the Senior VP of Development and Marketing in the evaluation of effectiveness of events and conducts post-event wrap up and evaluation meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for daily operations of the fundraising/development for The Adoption Exchange. Work with all development staff to formulate and administer an aggressive development plan with goals, objectives, and realistic timetable.
- Create and foster fundamental relations with the corporate community with the goal of activating and building support.
- Work with President/Executive Director, Senior Vice President of Development
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Director of Events and Volunteers in the subject line of your email.