Social Service Worker (SSW) Team Lead – SRS
At Valley Behavioral Health we are an innovative, dedicated team who are inspired by helping others lead fulfilling lives, one person at a time. We seek individuals who are compassionate, empathetic, team focused, seek excellence, are resilient, possess high integrity, and are fun to be with.
Are you inspired by helping others? Valley Behavioral Health is seeking a full-time, dedicated, resourceful, and solution-focused Social Service Worker (SSW) Team Lead for our Specialized Rehabilitation Services program. SRS works with skilled nursing home facilities to provide medication management and therapeutic behavioral services. The goal for this dynamic team is to improve the overall health of the mentally ill, working side by side with primary care providers and extended care facility personnel. The SRS Team Lead will complete various tasks and responsibilities to ensure excellent, quality client care for the people we serve.
Location: 2472 South 300 East, Salt Lake City, UT
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM — 5:00 PM
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Yes. . .Valley provides a generous benefits package including retirement/savings, health and dental, health savings plans and an Employee Assistance Program. Other important benefits include life and disability insurance plans, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, sick leave, flexible spending plans and paid holidays.
Top Primary behaviors and motivations of our ideal SSW Team Lead candidate:
You know you are the right candidate for this position if you have. . .
- You thrive in helping a population which are medically fragile, challenged by mental illness, and have a history of trauma
- You have a passion for working side by side with primary care providers to enhance the quality of life of our clients
- You are sufficiently humble, able to bring good thinking and strategy to our team, without being a know-it-all or being unapproachable.
- You like to work with people; you recognize that your success depends on the inputs from many others.
- You are resilient and can stay the course and work through difficult issues
- Bachelors degree in Social Work from an accredited University/College
- Must hold a current SSW license in good standing with the State of Utah
- Supervision experience
- Proficiency using MS Office, social media and the ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
- Experience in working in skilled nursing facilities
- Previous experience working with SPMI individuals preferred
- General knowledge of psychiatric and psycho-pharmaceutical treatment of mental disorders
- Knowledge of general psychological principles and concepts
- Ability to act independently, respond professionally and calmly in crisis or other situation, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, and apply general principles to specific conditions
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervision of clerical, direct care, and clinical staff
- Manages day-to-day operations including scheduling, crises, budget and other
- Leads and directs work including employee training and development, mentoring and overall performance management
- Answers complicated client care inquires
- Client surveys and other projects in relation to customer satisfaction
- Regulatory and compliance oversight
- Ensures clinical fidelity
- Therapeutic behavior management as prescribes by active managed care plan
- Develops safety crisis plans with clients
- Care plan review and assessment of psychosocial information in relation to reviews, development evaluations and other psychosocial rehabilitative services and plans as applicable including gathering of information for said plans.
- Crisis intervention
- Based on Client Care Plan:
- Milieu supervision
- Monitor progress
- Teach skills
- Link to community resources
- Document and bill accordingly
- Other duties as assigned
–Go to ValleyCares.com
–Under the “About Valley” drop-down menu, choose the “Employment” option
–Click the “Employment Opportunities” link
–Under the heading “Social Service Workers (SSW)/Licensed Substance Use Disorder Counselors (LSUDC)” chose the job option: “Specialized Rehabilitation Services (SRS) — Team Lead SSW – F/T ”
–Press the apply now button and fill out accordingly
**Make sure to take the Wonderlic pre-employment assessment after submitting your application