|Department of Human Services, Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health:
Program Administrator II-Substance Use Disorder Treatment:
Incumbent has oversight responsibility for publicly funded statewide substance use disorder treatment services. Provides overall direction to the programs; supervises program staff and provides oversight of the monitoring of treatment programs delivered by contract providers. Evaluates program effectiveness, and collaborates with key stakeholders. Responsible for regular communication and close collaboration with partners at national, state, and local levels. Oversees the program budget; assesses training and technical assistance needs and provides and coordinates training activities; monitors the implementation of pilot projects, grants and contracts. The incumbent uses research and evaluation data as social marketing tools to aid in policy and budget decision-making; examines financing streams and develops recommendations to improve financial support for substance use disorder treatment programs; administers policies, programs and operations within the Division as they relate substance use disorder treatment.
|EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Develops, directs, and/or evaluates Local Substance Abuse Authorities Programs and their contracted provider.
- Monitors and evaluates operations, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; makes recommendations for improvement.
- Represents the agency with federal, state, and local government units, in the media, or with private organizations.
- Monitors agency or program budget including revenues, expenditures and budget projection, etc.
- Makes final judgment with responsibility for decisions, including explaining decision in other proceedings.
- Coordinates and implements policy and procedure changes
- Interprets, clarifies, explains and applies agency policy and procedures, business practices, federal or state laws and regulations, etc.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal and/or state laws, regulations, agency rules, standards and guidelines, etc.
- Supervises subordinate personnel including: hiring, determining workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance, and initiating corrective or disciplinary actions.
- experience in a mental health and/or substance use disorder treatment and preference for a Masters Degree in a related field
- principles, theories, and practices of substance use disorder treatment
- use logic to analyze or identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions
- mental health system
- weigh the relative costs and benefits of a potential action
- deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
- principles, theories, and practices of employee relations
- principles, theories, and practices of performance management
- make a decision or solve a problem by using logic to identify key facts, explore alternatives, and propose quality solutions
- applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures
- establish objectives and specify the strategies and actions to achieve these objectives
- control or direct the operation of a program or function
- determine how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures
- identify the best person for a task, delegate assignments, and direct people as they work
- develop and/or implement new policies/procedures/standards and/or rules/regulations
- principles, theories, and practices of public relations
- agency and/or organizational program(s)
- supervise others by assigning/directing work; conducting employee evaluations, staff training and development, taking appropriate disciplinary/corrective actions, making hiring/termination recommendations, etc.
- speak clearly, concisely and effectively; listen to, and understand, information and ideas as presented verbally
- coordinate the activities or tasks of people, groups and/or organization(s)