Join Our Team … Make a Difference!
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Division of Family and Community Services, Child Welfare Program is currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Child Welfare Social Worker 2: Full-Time ~ Grangeville, Idaho
- Child Welfare Social Worker 2: Part-Time Benefited (20 hours a week) ~Moscow, Idaho
Responsibilities of these positions may include:
- Assess and process referrals for child abuse or neglect and conduct assessment and fact-finding interviews to obtain and assess mental, physical, economic, employment, environmental and social status of client/family/caregiver
- Assess interview information to determine substantiation of referrals and prepare written intake reports
- Make on-site evaluations of foster homes to determine suitability of facilities and service providers for licensure/certification
- Design, organize, implement and monitor effectiveness of case plans using an array of community resources to resolve issues
- Facilitate client access to support services
- Determine appropriate client placement and ensure least restrictive environment, take action to reduce risk to client and others by providing emergency, crisis intervention, and after-hours on-call service
- Complete need and risk assessments on cases and determine eligibility for services and level of care
- Carry a full caseload in child welfare social work
- Client counseling, social services, support and change-oriented activities to preserve the family unit and promote client self-determination
- Develop appropriate safety plans for children addressing special needs of clients
- Participate in interdisciplinary team staffing to modify treatment plans
- Prepare case record notes attesting to engagement with client and results from specific kinds of service
- Design and apply varying treatment modalities for problem resolution
- Monitor child and family achievements for safety, permanency and well-being, refer clients and others to community resources and provide court-related services including testimony, mediation, negotiation and implementation of agreements
- Recommend the need for legal intervention and consult with law enforcement and court personnel, community resource workers and school staff
- Prepare court reports, affidavits, testimony, etc. for required court proceedings
- Use keyboard to document and enter client data into computerized record systems.
Minimum qualifications of these positions are:
- Licensure as a Social Worker in Idaho in accordance with Idaho Code 54-3201 et.seq. Licensure information can be found through the Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licensing at http://ibol.idaho.gov/IBOL/BoardAdditional.aspx?Bureau=SWO&BureauLinkID=100
Successful completion of Idaho Welfare Academy sessions and assignments (Child Welfare Social Worker incumbents who have successful completed a nine (9) month experience in child welfare case management in Idaho)
Two years experience in a public child welfare system or child welfare agency and complete the Child Welfare Academy within the first year of appointment.
Master of Social Work degree and complete the Child Welfare Academy within the first year of appointment.
- Applicant’s must possess a valid driver’s license
Salary Range: $21.71 an hour
To apply please complete an online application at: https://labor.idaho.gov/DHR/ATS/StateJobs/jobannouncement.aspx?announcement_no=09426027028
Also, please note: The Department of Health & Welfare also has the following opportunity:
Child Welfare Social Worker 1:
About Us: The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare offers a culture that supports and promotes learning organization principles, building community partnerships, and introducing innovative business solutions. We are nearly 2,850 individuals working statewide to provide Idahoans with health and human services, access to health insurance programs, support to families and children, and hospitalization services for mental and developmentally disabled patients. We have 20 field offices and operate two hospitals and a state lab. Last year, our agency served almost 340,000 people – one out of every four Idahoans. From birth throughout life, we strive to enrich and protect the lives of our state’s citizens.
Enjoy our competitive benefits package!
Idaho Department of Health and Welfare offers its employees numerous benefits, including: excellent medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start; ten paid holidays a year; participation in one of the nation’s best state retirement systems; multiple savings plans; life insurance; wellness programs; ongoing training opportunities; and more.
Learn more about a career with IDHW: www.careers.dhw.idaho.gov
For all state of Idaho job openings: www.dhr.idaho.gov
EEO/AA/Veterans may receive hiring preference