Location: Catholic Community Services of Utah, 745 E 300 S, SLC UT 84102
Status: Non-exempt, Full-time, with benefits
Salary: $16-18/hr DOE
Catholic Community Services of Utah provides help and creates hope for thousands of people of all beliefs who are most in need in our community through Immigration and Refugee Resettlement, Substance Abuse Treatment and Basic Needs Services programs.
CCS offers an outstanding benefits package including group health insurance, dental, 401a and 403b retirement plans and a generous PTO/holiday schedule.
To provide individual, marital/couple, family and group therapy to clients.
1. Responsible to provide therapy to clients.
2. To meet with each client on caseload at least 1 hour per week for Individual Therapy.
3. To provide assessment and diagnosis of clients as needed.
4. To collaborate and engage in case staffing’s with the client’s treatment team.
5. To interact with all community agencies and donors in a helpful and professional manner.
6. Responsible for maintenance of all client records and all necessary documentation for each client.
7. To do reviews and updates of goals on all residents.
8. To monitor program activities and provide crisis intervention services.
9. To monitor a client’s readiness for discharge to community.
10. To make decisions on admissions, discharges, and crisis management of clients along with other treatment staff.
11. To mediate conflicts between clients and other necessary community agencies.
12. Other duties as assigned by Director of Treatment Services or Program Manager.
Skills, knowledge and abilities:
1. Good interpersonal skills in working as part of a team and maintaining cooperative relationships with the agency, staff, clients, treatment providers, and other community agencies and individuals associated with CCS.
2. Experience in working with clients with PTSD and trauma.
3. Ability to make sound judgments and problem solve.
4. A good working knowledge of the Salt Lake community and available resources.
5. Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries with clients and staff
6. Ability to respond well in a crisis situation.
7. Ability to seek supervision when necessary, and to accept supervision from director of treatment services or designee.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality of clients.
9. Ability to complete paperwork in a timely fashion.
Education, training and or experience:
1. Must have a master’s degree in Social Work and licensure or be working towards licensure with the State of Utah.
2. Must have theoretical and practical knowledge of treating mental health and substance abuse issues.
3. Must submit to and pass a background check.
4. Must be certified in CPR and First Aid within 90 days of employment.
5. Must be familiar with and supportive of the mission of Catholic Community Services of Utah and the vision of the Catholic Church articulated by the diocesan bishop.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: This job description lists typical examples of work and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
CCS manages Refugee Resettlement and Immigration Services, Basic Needs Services and Treatment Services programs – all aimed at helping people regain their lives. Join a great team and make a difference by helping to serve those most in need in our community.
CCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply: Please go the company website: ccsutah.org and apply under the employment tab.
Position closes: Open until filled
Requisition #: 15.8.1