(Fairfax, VA or Remote)(Job Number: 1500002136)
Health, Education, and Social Programs
Education, Community & Social Programs Division
Fairfax, VA or Remote
ICF seeks a Senior Content Strategist (SCS) to provide strategic guidance across content development activities for all Child Welfare Information Gateway print and web products, services, tools, databases, outreach and dissemination activities. The SCS provides ongoing leadership and practice expertise across all functional areas of Information Gateway and utilizes data to inform decision making, prioritize work and align knowledge transfer and dissemination activities full spectrum of child welfare and related content areas. The SCS partners with the Communications and Dissemination Lead providing guidance on strategic communications planning and implementation to strengthen Information Gateway’s partnerships and visibility in support of the Children’s Bureau, ACF Regional Offices, and Capacity Building Network. The SCS works closely with the Operations Lead and Child Welfare Program Support Lead to ensure that clearinghouse services and direct support to the client are being implemented as required by the contract and client guidance. As a member of Information Gateway’s Senior Management Team, the SCS helps shape the strategies and activities that enhance customer use of and access to its services and resources in order to promote impact on the child welfare field.
The position is full-time. The preference is for this position to be based at ICF’s headquarters office in Fairfax, VA – but there is flexibility to be based anywhere nationally.
- Guide the provision of targeted information services for professionals on child welfare program and practice issues.
- Identify, write, review, and consult on products that synthesize complex information into useful resources for professionals based on knowledge of topical area.
- Oversee and respond to, as needed, informational inquiries from client staff, the media, and professionals in State agencies, National organizations, and the Children’s Bureau.
- Support CWIG Special Initiatives and microsites, including National Child Abuse Prevention Month, National Adoption Month, National Foster Care Month and the Family Engagement Inventory, by providing strategic consultation on content development, partnerships, and dissemination activities.
- Collaborate with the Information Support Services Team as they respond to professional and public inquiries.
- Using internal and external data sources, analyze topical trends in child welfare and related fields to ensure that CWIG products and services continue to be highly relevant and valuable to the field.
- Participate in CWIG’s Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) team.
- Facilitate the Content Integration Team, to guide the topical priorities of Information Gateway.
- Serve as one of the primary contacts to the client on program and content issues and as liaison to T/TA providers.
- Lead and coordinate senior leadership review of all written and web products prior to submission to the client.
- Build and maintain strong connections to the field by partnering with National organizations, attending conferences and working collaboratively with the Children’s Bureau’s training and technical assistance providers.
- Serve as a liaison between the Information Gateway and assigned ACF Regional office(s).
- Represent Child Welfare Information Gateway and ICF at meetings and conferences. Develop and deliver presentations that are tailored to audience needs.
- Develop project plans and timelines and manage multiple teams involved in program and product development.
- Provide project management coverage along with other senior project leaders when the Project Director(s) is unavailable.
- Master’s Degree in social work or comparable advanced degree.
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant experience.
- Experience working in a public child welfare agency setting and partnering with national child welfare organizations.
- Understanding of Continuous Quality Improvement in human services settings, including data driven decision-making
- Understanding of Knowledge Transfer and Dissemination
- Experience working in a consulting environment with Federal clients
- Proficient in MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills, including experience with developing and delivering presentations.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, consensus builder comfortable working in a matrixed organization.
- Strategic thinker and planner with strong organizational skills.
- Deadline-driven and fiscally conscious.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks under critical time frames and be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Solid team builder and team player with proven ability to manage competing priorities, perspectives and stakeholder needs.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain high-quality results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership to proactively produce quality results while aligning client and organizational needs.
- Demonstrated, outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
About ICF International
If you want to work on the leading issues of the day, if you want your work to reflect your passion in life, if you truly want to make the world a better place, then you want to work at ICF International.
Whether ensuring efficient use of energy resources, protecting the environment for generations to come, supporting cancer and HIV/AIDS patients and returning veterans, keeping young people in school and educators informed, delivering results in emergency preparedness, or breaking ground in any number of today’s issues, ICF works in the topics that lead the news.
We have a passionate commitment to our work and to helping our clients achieve their objectives. We combine technical expertise with world-class analytics. We provide room for entrepreneurial thinking and grass-roots innovation to achieve compelling results for both our clients’ projects and our own company. All our work is done in a professional, collegial, and intellectual environment that allows individuals the latitude they need to perform work that parallels their passions. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 4,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF’s website is http://www.icfi.com/.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at http://www.icfi.com/careers/
: United States-Virginia-Fairfax