YWCA UTAH Job Announcement
Job Title: YWCA Guide
Empower women and work toward racial justice in the YWCA’s residential programs for homeless women and children escaping domestic violence. Excellent opportunity for a culturally sensitive, motivated, energetic team player to help women and children recover from domestic violence, become more economically self-reliant, obtain permanent housing, and build life skills and access community resources independently. The ideal candidate will be bilingual in English and Spanish, experienced with families, individuals and diverse populations; have a broad knowledge of community resources and enjoy working as part of a dedicated team.
- Provide individual case management and referrals to supportive services.
- Plan and implement programs that facilitate culturally sensitive domestic violence services to diverse populations.
- Intervene in crises to ensure the health and safety of program participants.
- Maintain client files and program statistics.
- Coordinate and facilitate psycho-educational and support groups.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with agency, funding, and legal requirements.
- Assist in recruiting and determining the eligibility of prospective program participants.
- Participate as an active team member in problem solving and decision making processes.
- Attend required staff, supervision, and agency meetings.
- Create a safe and secure environment for program participants, staff and guests of the YWCA.
- Articulate and promote high ethical standards in all YWCA programs, activities, and services, and with all public agencies.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with YWCA staff and any other organizations and individuals important to the success of the YWCA’s work.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in human service related area or equivalent experience required.
- Masters in Social Work preferred. Opportunity for clinical supervision.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required. Please specify this in your cover letter.
- Experience in a human service agency with demonstrated initiative, compassion, and awareness of self when working with others.
- Knowledge and skills in direct individual and group services including effective communication, crisis interventions, knowledge of homelessness, domestic violence, substance abuse, mental health issues, and community resources.
- Ability to relate positively to people of diverse ages, ethnicity, socio-economic levels, beliefs and lifestyles.
- Computer skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to create effective working relationships with other YWCA programs as well as build strong bridges with community partners.
- Ability to work scheduled hours on a regular basis.
- If driving on agency business, a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance are required.
Reports to: Residential Services Director
Hours: Full time, non-exempt
Salary: DOE, plus benefits and an excellent retirement plan
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Roberto Martinez, Residential Services Director
YWCA, 322 East 300 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Fax: (801) 236-5238
Posted: June 29, 2014
Deadline: Open until filled Website: http://www.ywca.com