The Road Home, provider of emergency shelter, housing, and services for people experiencing homelessness, is accepting resumes for the position of HiFI Team Lead. The Team Lead plays a critical role in this intensive case management program by providing daily supervision of staff and providing support to chronically homeless individuals as they move out of homelessness and back into the community.
The Team Lead for HiFI will oversee the day-to-day operations of a team of Housing Case Managers who work to ensure housing stabilization to individuals in Salt Lake County. This interdisciplinary team provides individualized, Housing First adherent services to individuals who have moved out of chronic homelessness and into housing in the community. The Team Lead will also maintain a reduced caseload of clients participating in the HiFI program.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support to team members by staffing client issues and serving as additional support when client visits require multiple staff.
- Establish, monitor, and provide direction to case management concerning objectives and goals of the team. Assist in training new case management staff.
- Provide input and actively support establishing and implementing team processes and procedures.
- Serve as a liaison between the team and the Community Triage Group (CTG), HiFI Admin, landlords and other interested partner agencies.
- Oversee VISTA and AmeriCorps volunteers who support the Housing team.
- Pay attention to mainstream resources for participating clients including Social Security, Medicaid, DWS, Vocational Rehab, etc. Collaborate with mainstream service agencies to ensure the program participants have access to mainstream resources.
- Provide continuity among departments and partner agencies with which clients often interface.
- Communicate regularly with the HiFI Supportive Services Supervisor and Clinical Director.
- Foster team cohesion and collaboration among and within HiFI teams while empowering staff to function independently.
- Maintain a caseload of clients, providing direct case management which includes crisis intervention, assessments, goal setting, problem solving, agency and community resources utilization, and network building. This will also include moving clients from homelessness into housing and also providing support to teammates who are doing the same.
- Attend agency and community meetings, acting as the HiFI team representative, and building interagency rapport.
- Drive agency vehicles to transport clients to appointments, assist with moving, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.