The supervisor will meet weekly with the BHA to discuss work schedule/intervention strategies
- Primary Supervisor: School Psychologist, Social Worker, or Counselor
- Secondary Supervisor: Special Education Teacher or Administrator
All students who receive BHA support services will be identified by the school multi-disciplinary team.
- Primary Cases: students with current IEP’s that include behavioral/emotional goals
- Secondary Cases: students who are not currently receiving special education services, but exhibit significant behavioral/emotional problems and may be considered for special education evaluation
- Tertiary Cases: students who are exhibiting significant behavioral/emotional problems, but have not been referred for special education services
All support services from the BHA will occur in the regular education classroom setting or in a transition setting such as the playground, cafeteria, hallway, etc.
The following support services may be provided to individual students or in small groups (2-4 students) within the aforementioned settings:
- Implementation of behavioral/emotional IEP goals and interventions
- Behavioral contract tracking, implementation, or reinforcement
- General behavior tracking including observations and data collection
- BHA will work 15 hours/week
- Pay is per hours worked with no lunch included
- A ten minute break is earned after 2.5 hours of continuous work
- No sick pay or additional benefits are offered
- Pay is $5000 for school year
If you are interested in this position please send a resume to Teri Ann Cooper at email@example.com.