Valley Behavioral Health is seeking a fully licensed therapist for independent contract work for our outpatient Compass Specialty Clinic. This program services ages 16-26 for a variety of substance use and psychiatric disorders.
Position provides direct clinical services to clients while ensuring expectations for excellent client care, fiscal responsibilities, regulatory compliance and clinical standards are met.
This clinic provides billable services for commercial insurances and private pay.
This clinic does NOT bill Medicaid.
Schedule: Flexible within operating business hours…make your own hours!
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Social Work
- Minimum licensure current in the state of Utah: CMHC, LCSW or LMFT
- Must carry personal malpractice insurance
Essential Job Functions
- Direct clinical services including interviews, evaluates and assesses clients to create treatment plans and provide quality care
- Provides psychotherapy to clients including individual, group, couple and/or family therapy
- Treatment planning
- Care coordination
- Crisis intervention
- Effective interviewing skills and evaluation techniques
- Knowledge of different modes of psychotherapy, including crisis intervention skills; general personality development theories; typical community agencies, organizations and programs
- General knowledge of psychiatric and psycho-pharmaceutical treatment of mental disorders
- Public relation skills
- Principles and techniques of behavior assessment and modification
- Knowledge of general psychological principles and concepts
- Contingency contracting
- Skill development therapies
- Accepted standards of social work ethics and clinical practice
- Ability to act independently, respond professionally and calmly in crisis or other situations, communicate effectively verbally and in writing, motivate and train others, and apply general principles to specific conditions
- Please visit our website:
- Click “careers”
- Under subheading of “Compass” click the job
- Click “apply for this job”
- Or copy/paste this direct link: http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a123cf24569112f01456b3c34da42a4&id=8a29a018481fc1390148572a5fc244b3&source