Facility: UT – Avalon CC – VA Ivins (119), Ivins UT
Department: Social Services (560) (560_SocialSv_NH)
– Full Time
– Day Shift
– Master’s Degree
– Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
– 1 to 2 Years
Avalon Health Care is seeking a dependable and experienced Social Worker to join our outstanding team!
The Social Worker assists the Administrator in identifying and providing for each resident’s social, emotional and psychological needs, and the continuing development of the resident’s full potential during his/her stay at the facility and to assist in the planning for his/her discharge.
Essential Job Functions include:
• Develop a comprehensive social history assessment, a psycho-social assessment, discharge plan, and complete the MDS and Care Plan for new admits. Orient and assist new residents in adjusting to the facility.
• Assist residents and families with adjustment to changes, including room changes. Assist families with the engraving and/or marking of residents’ personal items.
• Review residents’ rights with residents and staff, and attend to various personal needs of the residents. Assist in the development of a volunteer program and assist in facilitating family group meetings.
• Document progress notes, which relate to each resident’s care plan, when necessary and within policy timeframe.
Candidates should have a Master’s degree in Social Work and two (2) years of experience in Social Services. LCSW preferred.
Our post-acute facilities are physician-led, quality-driven, and patient-centered. This patient focus and standard of care allows our employees to build long term, meaningful relationships with our patients. That is why Avalon employees proudly say “We embrace a reverence for life and a heart for healing.”
We are looking for like-minded individuals who welcome responsibility and are excited to uphold our core principles. With enthusiasm and compassion, our Avalon family works with our patients and their families as well as with our communities to celebrate life every day!
If you seek to use your mind and your heart to improve lives on a daily basis, come join our team! We offer great challenges and opportunities for personal fulfillment rests of each resident.
Master’s Degree in Social Work .
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred.
Healthcare experience preferred.
Skilled Nursing Facility experience preferred.
Experience working with military veterans preferred.
Experience working with PTSD patients preferred.
Must meet any state and/or Federal requirements if applicable.
Basic understanding of computer technology, including email use.
Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and families and to work cooperatively with other employees.
Must maintain regular attendance.
Must meet all local health regulations, and pass post-employment physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug screening, criminal background investigation, and reference inquiry.
Must be capable of performing the Essential Job Functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Apply online at www.avalonhci.com