Job Title:Social Worker
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army Installation Management Command
Job Announcement Number:NCDE148055661040886D
|$68,643.00 to $89,235.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, January 31, 2014 to Thursday, February 13, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time – Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:
Fort Hunter Liggett, CA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens|
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at the United States Army Installation Management Command, United States Army Garrison, Directorate of Human Resources, Military Personnel Division, Military Personnel Branch, Fort Hunter Liggett, California.
This position is under the supervision of the Army Community Services Director.
We are located on the Central Coast of California between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The nearest towns to Ft Hunter Liggett are King City 26 miles north and Paso Robles 50 miles south. Ft Hunter Liggett is located in a rural area so a vehicle is a must; bus, car and van pools are available at select locations.
Ft Hunter Liggett has many opportunities for outdoor recreation on a large post. It is an easy drive to the Pacific Ocean for beaches, fishing and water sports. Within easy reach are the high Sierras, a winter sports area where the snow is measured in feet and offers summer recreation to include superb camping, hiking and fishing.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 25%
- Moving expenses may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) and an agency determination that PCS is in the government’s best interest.
• Develop installation post procedures that outline responsibilities for execution of the Family Advocacy Program.
• Assess the special needs of military and retired families.
• Develop and implement installation-wide prevention and education programs.
• Develop and publicize information about the seriousness of child and spouse maltreatment.
• Provide mandatory training for all unit commanders and non-commissioned officers.
• Assess and manage cases of child or spouse maltreatment.
• Ensure that all reported cases of child or spouse abuse are coordinated properly.
• Maintain listing and up-to-date knowledge of existing civilian services.
• Identify program resource requirements and provide budget input.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: work that involves developing prevention and education programs; assessing and managing cases of child or spouse maltreatment; publicizing information pertaining to maltreatment and available resources; ensuring that all cases receive immediate action; and assessing the special needs of military and retired families. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
• Knowledge of Family Advocacy Programs
• Ability to Implement Programs
• Ability to Use Effective Communication
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
Basic Requirement: Qualified applicants must fulfill all of the requirements for the master’s degree in social work in a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (Note: You must submit a copy of your transcripts)
Education: To qualify at the GS-11 using education, you must possess 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph. D. degree or Ph. D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Combination of Specialized Experience and Education: You have some specialized experience as described above, but less than one year; and you have less than two years of graduate-level education as described above. you have computed the percentage of the requirements that you meet, and the total is at least 100%. (To compute the percentage, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education by 36. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify) (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Defense National Relocation Program (DNRP) will not be authorized
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM’s Career Transition Resources website.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program. In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Proceduresinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
- This is a Career Program position (CP-53)
- This position is obligated.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Thursday, February 13, 2014 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply Online to create a USAJOBS account or log in to your existing account. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents and complete the occupational questionnaire.
- Click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application package.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your responses and appropriate documentation is submitted prior to the closing date.
- To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents must be completely transmitted by 11:59p.m. Eastern Standard Time on the closing date of the announcement.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
The documents you are required to submit vary based on whether or not you are eligible for preference in federal employment. A complete description of preference categories and the associated required documents is in the Applicant Checklist (External).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
- Your resume may be submitted in any format.
- If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is “most recent.” It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application will be marked as incomplete and you will not receive consideration for this position.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements: You MUST submit a copy of your transcript if you want to substitute your education for experience. If you claim qualifications based on education, and do not submit a transcript, your education will not be used in making a qualification determination and you may be found “not qualified.” See: Transcripts and Licenses
If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents follow the directions located at: Faxing Applications and Documents The Vacancy ID is 1040886. You will need the questionnaire, View Occupational Questionnaire, to complete your faxed application
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to remove another person’s personal information before you submit your application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
W6GSAA USAG Fort Hunter Liggett
Building 238 California Ave
Fort Hunter Liggett, CA
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of “not qualified” or “incomplete application” and you will not receive further consideration for this job.