Encompass Hospice is seeking volunteers to help support and nurture the
richness and quality of life in a hospice patient’s final months, weeks, days.
This is a great opportunity to serve those around you struggling with one of
the most difficult transitions in life.
All volunteers are required to complete a 12 hour training prior to visiting
with patients. Some topics covered are confidentiality, communication
skills, and spiritual issues, stress management and terminal illness
● Provides companionship and support to patients, assist with letter
writing, or perform other tasks to support the patient.
● Provides respite to families. Assists with running errands, meal
preparation, light housekeeping chores and other tasks.
● Hours and schedules are flexible. We reimburse for mileage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Ability to communicate with the terminally ill and their families in a
helpful way, including skills for relating to denial and anger as well as
sadness and helplessness.
● Ability to listen without imposing one’s own spiritual, religious, social
and/or political values and beliefs.
For more information contact Tiffany Thornock 8017924356
This is a great opportunity to serve in the community AND fulfill needed
credit hours for Bachelor level coursework. Supervision available.