Volunteers of America, Utah
Job Description: Spend your working hours assisting clients who need your help the most.
The Center for Women and Children provides services for adult women detoxing from substance use. The clients’ children up to age 10 may stay with their mothers.
Conduct intake interviews with clients who are intoxicated or in withdrawal.
• Interact with clients who are in the detox process.
• Monitor clients to ensure safety and enforce facility rules.
• Monitor and document client prescription medications.
• Complete record keeping and answer phones.
• Screen clients for admission; intake and orientation.
• Take vital signs.
Part-time, work on-call to cover scheduled and unscheduled shifts.
Shifts are 8 hours long. Days, swings, and graves.
Potential to move into a full-time position.
• Familiarity/knowledge of substance abuse preferred.
• Be firm yet compassionate.
• Work well with others.
• Must be 21 years of age for insurance purposes.
• High School diploma/GED, Associates Degree and one year of work experience in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to write legibly and type using a computer.
• Must pass drug screen and background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply: Submit resume on the career page of our website.
Closing Date: TBD
Your Website: Visit organizational website.
Job Post Link: Visit additional job posting information.
Contact Name: Erin Basta
Send an Email