Salt Lake County Youth Services
Job Description: Salt Lake County Youth Services is looking for a diverse group of enthusiastic individuals with a passion for working with teens in our Afterschool Programs in Kearns, West Valley City, and Magna for the 2013-2014 school year.
1. Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse populations (youth and adults) from different social and ethnic backgrounds.
2. High school graduate or equivalent and at least 21 years of age.
3. Experience in working with youth and/or other related experience.
4. Ability to create and facilitate skill-based and project-based classes, such as art, dance, life skills and recreation.
5. Ability to help create a safe and inclusive environment for youth and adults.
6. Ability to demonstrate group management skills and techniques.
7. Effective conflict resolution skills.
8. Ability to interact with both youth and adults in a nonjudgmental atmosphere.
9. Possession of a valid Utah Driver’s License and the possibility of completing a Defensive Driving Course after employment.
1. Plan and implement daily activities according to program needs. Participate in all activities with youth and assist coordinator.
2. Prepare quarterly curriculum. Facilitate skill-based and project-based group activities for youth.
3. Communicate and enforce program rules and code of conduct. Advise youth and adults regarding rule infraction and consequences.
4. Provide leadership to youth engaged in program activities.
5. Follow program procedures to safeguard health, safety, and well-being of participants.
6. Assist in providing daily snacks.
7. Attend weekly staff meetings, training sessions and monthly all-staff meetings as scheduled.
8. Develop and maintain cooperative relationship with students’ families and school personnel.
9. Provide a safe and healthy environment for program participants.
10. Maintain attendance records as required by program.
11. Report daily to Program Coordinator.
How to Apply: Please visit the Salt Lake County website and click on the Jobs tab or click on the Job Post Link.
Closing Date: July 7, 2013
Your Website: Visit organizational website.
Job Post Link: Visit additional job posting information.
Contact Name: Kelly Riding
Send an Email