Mali Rising Foundation
Salary: $25k-$30k based on experience, part time
Job Description: Mali Rising Foundation (MRF) is a Utah-based 501©3 nonprofit organization established in 2004 to improve life in Mali, West Africa through education. The Foundation strives to achieve its mission by building, renovating and otherwise improving middle schools to ensure a fully functioning middle school within walking distance of every child in the country. MRF also accomplishes its mission by supporting other education-related needs that are a natural outgrowth of this work. To date, MRF has built 14 schools with two schools currently under construction and has begun providing solar panels, television/DVD’s and textbooks to these schools. The organization also facilitates scholarships for highly achieving Malian students to study abroad. At its core, MRF values working collaboratively with local village leadership to accomplish its mission.
Reporting to the Mali Rising Foundation Board of Directors, this person will serve as the key staff leader of the organization and the primary contact for all MRF work in the United States. Responsibilities include all administrative aspects of the Foundation, financial management, fundraising, oversight of the Mali-based Field Director, coordination of Board engagement, community building and awareness, and marketing and promotion. This person must work collaboratively with the Board and the Field Director in executing and evaluating the work of the Foundation to ensure maximum impact.
• Develop and execute annual programmatic work of the Foundation; Oversee and evaluate Field Director.
• Maintain official records and documents; Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations that apply to charitable organizations.
• Build and oversee annual organizational budget of $250,000 to $300,000. Work with Finance Committee to report to the Board on a quarterly basis.
• Work collaboratively with the Fundraising Committee to build an annual fundraising plan. Oversee all fundraising efforts including individual, corporate, government and foundation solicitations. Produce fundraising events. Provide stewardship to all donors.
• Work with Chair and Vice-Chair to coordinate all Board-related functions; maintain minutes; make recommendations for potential Board members; attend all Board Meetings; encourage strong Board engagement.
• Oversee the development of organizational goals and program evaluation metrics. Oversee gathering of programmatic data and the annual analysis and evaluation of the Foundation’s performance.
• Serve as key contact to Wasatch Academy for student scholarships, oversee the students’ stays while in Utah, oversee student selection process, develop other student exchange opportunities as requested by the Board.
• Become familiar with other international NGO’s with like missions, current practices in international development, and potential strategic partners.
• Build awareness for the Foundation on a local, national, and international level.
• With Marketing Committee, develop annual marketing plan. Lead and implement the plan including email lists, web site, social networking, and organizational promotion and marketing efforts.
• Coordinate arrangements on US side for expeditions to Mali as approved by the Board.
• Manage volunteers to meet the needs of the Foundation.
• International experience required; International development experience a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree, management, and fundraising experience required.
• Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, problem solving, organizational and project management skills required.
• Non-profit experience preferred.
• French language ability a plus.
• Must be willing to travel to Mali.
Status: Part Time (25 hours/week)
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Friday, June 21, 2013
Your Website: Visit organizational website.
Contact Name: Mali Rising Foundation
Send an Email