Cancer Wellness House, Inc.
Job Description: POSITION SUMMARY
Cancer Wellness House is seeking a Program Manger who will work collaboratively with the CWH Executive Director, members, staff, board, volunteers, student interns, foundation representatives and cancer community partners to ensure the continued fulfillment of the mission of Cancer Wellness House through holistic and integrative socio-emotional survivorship and quality of life –focused programs for people with cancer and their families.
The Program Manager is responsible for providing coordination and oversight of all CWH programming, including the Wellness Counseling Program and task and/or clinical supervision of University of Utah College of Social Work interns. The Program Manager takes a leadership role in upholding the mission, values and promise of CWH and is responsible for 1) Program management and marketing 2) Program quality control, evaluation and outcomes measurement, 3) Program grant writing and reporting 4) Professional volunteer recruitment and management, 5) Task and/or clinical supervision (depending on licensure) of University of Utah College of Social Work interns. The Program Manager reports to the Executive Director and manages facilitators, Social work student interns and volunteers This is a full-time position and requires occasional evening and weekend hours; competitive salary and benefits.
• Direct day-to-day program operations, including: staffing, scheduling and service delivery
• Manage and serve as task supervisor for BSW and MSW students from the U of U College of Social Work
• Develop, implement and manage program content and initiatives ensuring that all programs support the mission, values and promise of CWH, while focusing on quality, cost effectiveness and best practice
• Research, write, facilitate evaluation and report on program grants and program grant contracts
• Recruit professional volunteers (Facilitators)
• Cultivate relationships with existing and new professional volunteers (Facilitators) to ensure accountability, team synergy and sufficient access to services for members, as well as maintain program relevance to the changing needs of people with cancer
• Oversee Club Well (special events, including seasonal socials)
• Facilitate new member orientation and integration into the CWH community
• Manage CWH member and volunteer databases
• Facilitate program usage data collection and reporting
• Maintain website including monthly calendar
• Oversee weekly email newsletter and monthly calendar mailing to CWH partners
• Recruit, cultivate and manage civic organizations and volunteer groups interested in group service projects
• Coordinate volunteer staffing at community outreach events such as Combined Federal Campaign and Utah Cancer Survivorship Day
• Develop and manage Volunteer Recognition Program
• Represent CWH in partnerships related to oncology, volunteerism and other outreach. nurturing community relations among the public and institutions in a professional and positive way
• Manage member, volunteer and logistical aspects of annual Survivors at the Summit event
• Master of Social Work required; LCSW, preferred.
• Minimum five years program management experience with two years in team management, experience in a not-for-profit organization preferred
• Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool including Microsoft Office applications and database applications
• Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
• Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
• Strength in recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them in their work at CWH
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
• Able to identify priorities, establish timelines, organize and manage multiple tasks on an ongoing basis, using creative initiative to accomplish assigned tasks
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the CWH mission
How to Apply: INTERESTED INDIVIDUALS MAY EMAIL THEIR RESUME TO:
Closing Date: January 15, 2013
Your Website: Visit organizational website.
Contact Name: Terri Goldstein
Send an Email