Out of School Time Specialists (2 positions open)
Utah Afterschool Network
Salary: $30,000.00-$35,000.00 DOE annually plus
Job Description: Job summary
Under the direction of the Utah Afterschool Network (UAN) Director, the Out-of- School Time (OST) Specialist will provide support, technical assistance, and consultation to afterschool programs throughout Utah. The OST Specialist will work closely with the Department of Workforce Services (DWS), Office of Work and Family Life to increase quality in afterschool programs receiving grant funding. The OST Specialist will also participate in and support: various UAN and community afterschool committees, professional development and training opportunities, statewide technical assistance efforts; as well as support all UAN partnerships, policies, and initiatives.
• Conduct afterschool program site observations and evaluations to determine the level of consultation needed for quality improvement.
• Meet with afterschool providers to create a quality improvement plan and set programming goals.
• Provide ongoing intensive consultation, training, and technical assistance to identified program grantees throughout the year.
• Demonstrate understanding of afterschool program best practices and proficiency of the evaluation and consultation process.
• Educate and support afterschool programs in the use of the Utah Afterschool Program Quality Assessment and Improvement Tool.
• Submit written reports detailing program consultation, notes, grant monitoring, and tracking.
• Travel to and consult with afterschool programs statewide.
General UAN Duties
• Provide statewide out of school time technical assistance.
• Serve as a training resource to organizations and partners to sustain and expand out of school time programs statewide.
• Serve as a resource for the Utah State Office of Education (USOE) and UAN.
• Actively participate on the UAN Quality Improvement Committee.
• Maintain all appropriate budgetary documentation in regards to site travel.
• Follow policies and procedures, dress appropriately, and represent UAN in a positive manner.
• Serve in overall support duties as assigned.
A. Quality Position Focus:
• Serve as appointed staff on the Afterschool Utah Association (AUA) Professional Development (PD) Committee, and UAN PD initiative.
• Actively participate on the DWS Credential/ Career Ladder Committee and facilitate the Credential Curriculum Approval Committee.
• Become the state expert and resource for the Afterschool Professional Credential.
B. Communications Position Focus:
• Coordinate organizational marketing, communications, public awareness events.
• On-going maintenance/updating of UAN website, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
• Develop and dissemination of organizational e-newsletters and other communication plans. Organized maintenance of contact database and list serve.
1. Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Youth Recreation, Child Development or other closely related field from an accredited college or university and/or have a minimum of three years of professional experience in afterschool programming as a director, trainer or staff person.
2. Ability to relate clearly and professionally to people.
3. Ability to make presentations and provide strategic training to various audiences.
4. Professional writing, evaluation, and documentation skills.
5. Proficiency in computer programs and technology; at a minimum knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
6. Self-directed worker.
7. Ability to work as a cooperative team member.
8. Requires a vehicle for traveling statewide.
9. Maintains a valid Utah Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance.
• Moderate physical activity.
• May be required to work on some evenings and weekends.
• Energetic staff with a positive and collective work environment.
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume with three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate in your cover letter which position focus area you are applying for.
Closing Date: January 3, 2013 by 5 p.m.
Your Website: Visit organizational website.
Contact Name: Anneli M. Segura
Send an Email