We have an excellent opportunity for a new graduate to enter a licensure internship in a rural mental health setting. Our office serves the needs of clients in eastern Nevada. Because we are a rural community, this position qualifies for loan repayment through the Nevada Health Service Corps.
We will also accept applications from licensed individuals. These individuals qualify for advanced pay, plus possible loan repayment through both the National Health Service Corps and Nevada Health Service Corps.
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR
Ely Mental Health Center, Ely, Nevada
Ely, Nevada, is located in White Pine County. It is a great place to live, work, raise a family and retire. We have peace and quiet, no traffic jams, beautiful mountains with many recreational opportunities, and very little crime. Pinion and juniper forests gradually give way to aspen and fir stands at the higher elevations in the mountains just outside of town. Much of the area is representative of the Great Basin with large expanses of rolling sagebrush and grasses. Pronghorn antelope, mule deer, Rocky Mountain elk, and wild horses are a few of the larger animals you might see in this area. Winter’s snow covered mountains with peaks well above the sea level give way to a blanket of crimson, yellow, and purple wild flowers in the spring, brilliant sunsets and clear , starry skies on summer nights, and hillsides of golden quaking aspens in the fall. White Pine County enjoys a high desert climate characterized by clear sunny days in low humidity all year, and a wide temperature swing every day. Summertime temperatures are generally in the 80 to 90 degree range during the day and fall to 45 degrees at night. Winter temperatures range from 30 to 50 degrees during the day and fall below 0 about 10 to 20 times per year.
|APPROXIMATE ANNUAL SALARY – $44,412 to $72,224 DOE|
|A Permanent, full time vacancy with the State of Nevada|
|Employee/Employer Shared Retirement Plan|
|Loan repayment site through the National Health Service Corps and Nevada Health Service Corps. The person selected will be eligible to apply to have his/her outstanding student loans paid for.|
|Receive Approximately 3 weeks Annual Leave and 3 weeks Sick Leave annually|
|The Position: This position provides individual, family, and group therapy to adults, children and their families at the Ely Mental Health Center. A wide range of clientele, various diagnostic presentations with a varying pay source in addition to the clinics sliding fee scale. The current position is Monday – Friday 8am-5pm with no on-call responsibilities, so your weekends and evenings are free. Alternative work schedules are also a possibility. Supportive weekly clinical supervision, healthy boundaries and a friendly team environment make this a great place to work.|
Education and Experience:
1) Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in counseling, marriage and family therapy, psychology, social work or closely related academic field and two years of post-master’s degree professional mental health counseling experience; OR a master’s degree and an ability to enter into a clinical internship with one of the state licensing boards of either the Board of Social Work or the Board for Marriage and Family Therapy or Clinical Professional Counselors..
1) A pre-employment criminal history check and fingerprinting are required. Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
2) A State of Nevada/FBI background check will be required of the selected applicant.
3) Licensure as a Clinical Professional Counselor, Clinical Social Worker or Marriage and Family Therapist, is required at time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment OR entrance into an internship program.
4) Moderate travel is required.
5) A valid driver’s license is required at the time of appointment and as a condition of continuing employment.